Cell ID - Cell towers locations
CellID allows to resolve a Cell Tower location by its MCC (Mobile Country Code), MNC (Mobile Network Code), LAC (Local Area Code) and CellID. This plugin can be used to track vehicles or objects that do not have a GPS signal but have a cellular signal such as in buildings, garages, or any other areas with weak or no GPS signal.
- Login to SiteAdmin and go to the Plugins tab
- Select the Get More Plugins tab and install the Cell ID plugin
Activate Cell ID in your application:
- Go to SiteAdmin / Applications and click on the application in the Application list
- Scroll down to Privileges and Roles and check the box under Plugins / Cell ID
- Save you application settings at the bottom of the page
- Once you have the Cell ID API key go to Maps / Cell ID in Site Admin and enter it there.
Cell ID usage
In Device Mapper, ensure that your device signals are properly mapped to MCC, MNC, LAC, and CellID.
Resolving a Cell Tower localtion
Right click on a vehicle and choose Cell Tower Location
A Cell Tower icon will be displayed on the map if the cell tower location has been resolved.
A warning will be displayed if the cell tower location could not be resolved.
Discuss this blog post on the forum please