We are now introducing a new way to add and manage data. We are giving you (the user) the ability to add custom fields. These custom fields can be applied to Users and POI’s. Giving you a new range of possibilites. For instance you could create a text field and use it to store registration id for a vehicle.
Custom Fields in the Vehicle Panel
- Enable the _EditCustomField privilege in your application.
- Optional: Update PointsOfInterest from update.gpsgate.com (to use custom fields for points of interest)
How to Add
- Add Custom fields by clicking on the Panel Menu in The Vehicles -panel and select Manage Custom Fields.
- Add new Custom Fields by selecting Field type in the drop down -menu and type in Label. We currently support text fields, paragraph text, checkboxes and lists.
- Then click on the Save -button.
Add Custom Field to User Types
- Click on the Panel Menu and select User Type Editor.
- Select User Type to edit or add new User Type.
- Expand the Details step.
- Here you’ll find all available Custom Fields in your application available for Users.
- Make the visible, hidden or mandatory just as you would any regular field.
- Save when done.
Custom Fields can now be found in Edit and Add Users with the previously selected User Type. They are found under the Details step. The default values that are seen here are not set for the user until you have pressed “save” for each user.
Display Custom Fields
To display Custom Fields in the Vehicles list, click on the Select Columns icon in the top right corner of the Vehicles list and select your Custom Fields. They will now be available in the Vehicles list and can be saved in your Workspace.
Use Custom fields in Points of Interest
Custom fields can also be used in Points of Interest if you have updated to the latest version(explained in the installation section above).
You add Custom Fields in the exact same way to POIs as you do to Users.
- Click on the Panel Menu in the Points of Interest -panel and select Manage Custom Fields.
- Add Custom fields to you application and save when you’re done.
- Expand Settings in the Points of Interest -panel and click on the Manage categories -button.
- Select POI category to add Custom fields to in the list.
- Expand the Custom Fields step and select the Custom Fields that you would like to make visible.
- Save your changes.
Now when you add or edit POI’s your Custom Fields will be available in the form.
You can display the Custom Fields in the POI list by selecting them under the Select Columns icon in the top right corner of the POI list.
Use Custom fields in Dispatch plugin
Custom fields can also be used in Dispatch if you have updated to the latest version (explained in the installation section above).
To add Custom Fields follow these steps:
- in the Dispatch panel (Windows > Dispatch), click in the small arrow in the top right of the panel and select Manage custom fields
- Input the Custom Variables
- Set the Custom Variables to your Dispatch jobs/li>
Custom Fields can be used when updating existing POI categories using the import KML or CSV function.
Custom fields in Maintenance plugin
The Maintenance Plugin also allows adding custom fields. Follow Custom fields in Maintenance in the previous link, to add your custom fields to the system.
Discuss this blog post on the forum please