Customize your GpsGate Server - Reports
You can customize your reports in many different ways: in the layout or by editing their queries adding new fields.
Apply your company logo
To be able to use your company logo in your report, you need to follow these steps:
- Upload your image to any available image server (you can use for example postimg.org)
- Paste your image link enclosing it in the following HTML format:
- Configure the cell to be able to handle HTML content:
- Save your report and make sure you activate it in your application
Result (click in the image to enlarge):
Edit the layout properties, add new columns or rows
With the toolbar in the Layou Editor you can simply change colors, fonts and borders sizes, etc, for your different rows or columns in your report.
To know all the options in the Layout Editor, read the reporting manual
Adding new columns with variables to your reports
You can add additional variables in new columns to your reports. For example, you could add signals used in your devices to be displayed in the reports or rather show Custom Fields in your reports.
There are different ways to add data to the reports, depending on which report you are working on:
Adding variables using Report Arguments
This method is the simplest way to add additional data to your reports because it won’t require you to make any modification in the report itself. You will rather pass the parameters directly to your reports by editing your event rules. You can see how to pass parameters to your reports using this method in the How to use Reports Arguments guide.
- Note:. This method will only work with the following reports:
- EV1000 (Trip and Idle)
- Trip and Idle and Parking report
- TS1010 Time on Site (Vehicle)
Adding variables by editing/customizing the reports in Site Admin
If you use this method, you will require to duplicate a standard report template, edit the report and activate the modification in your application. You have some examples here:
- Breadcrumb report with temperature
- How to add custom fields in Maintenance Reports
- Trip and Idle report with temperature values
Adding time/date parameters to your reports
You can add time/date parameters to your reports. Parameters will allow the user to select which data will be filtered in the report (eg.: Time Period parameters, User Tags parameters, etc.).
You have an example how to do this here:
Adding charts to your reports
You can add charts to your reports by following the guide described below:
- GpsGate Server available Reports
- Reporting Manual
- Customizing Reports, Best Practices
- Troubleshoot your reporting issues with Task Viewer
- Control reports processing with _PreventProcessDataOnDemand privilege
Discuss this blog post on the forum please