Export and Import Event Rules and Geofences
Now is possible to export and import your Event Rules and Geofences. This is useful to have them as a backup or to be reused in a different server.
- Login to the Site Administration application and click on the Plugins tab
- Install the latest Patch.v4 plugin.
- Make sure your application have the following Privileges and Features enabled: _EditEventRule, _ImportTemplate and _EditGeofenceTags.
Export your Event Rules
- Login to your application and go to Admin -> Event Rules
- Select your Event Rule you want to export and once opened you will see a small arrow in the top right corner of the window. Select Export and your file will be downloaded immediately.
Import your Event Rules
- Inside the application go to Admin -> Import Template. Select your Event Rule you want to import and you will get the following message:
- Your Event Rule should appear now under Admin -> Event Rules
Export your Geofences
To be able to export your geofences you need to have them grouped under Geofences tag.
- You can do that by clicking on Tag mode and then create a new Tag or rather edit an existing one by just selecting it.
- At the right corner of the same window you will see a small arrow where you can select Export
Import your Geofences
- Inside the application go to Admin -> Import Template. Select your Geofence export file you want to import and you will get this message:
- Refresh your window and your Geofences should appear now under the Geofences tab as usual.
- Note: the Import geofences feature you can find in under Geofence -> Geofence mode is to import KML geofences. This is covered in the following guide.
Discuss this blog post on the forum please