Native Map now supports the whole planet
'Native Map' is an inhouse map service based on OSM (openstreetmap.org) data. The latest update brings support for the whole planet.
This post is an introduction to GpsGate’s Native Map service.
- Login to SiteAdmin and navigate to Plugins
- Update Patch.v4
- Click on ‘Get More Plugins’ and install CoreMap
- Click on ‘Get More Plugins’ and install MapClient
- In SiteAdmin, navigate to Maps and click on ‘Native Map’
- Enter the API key provided by GpsGate Support
- Click on Save and then Test to ensure the configuration is OK
- In SiteAdmin, navigate to Applications and select an application in which you want to enable ‘Native Map’
- Under ‘Geocoding’ enable ‘Geocoder-> GpsGate’.
- Under ‘Privileges and Features’ enable ‘Maps -> _UseMapPlugin -> Native map’.
- Click on Save
At this point, you have installed and enabled ‘Native Map’ plugin on your server!
Please note that in order to use this service you need to have a valid Update and Support agreement with GpsGate.
‘Native Map’ is an inhouse map service based on OSM (openstreetmap.org) data. Using OSM data gives a lot of advantages. For instance, giving the possibility to everyone to contribute and update map data. You can create an account in OSM website and contribute your neighbourhood map. All updates are pulled from OSM servers on a daily basis.
The latest update of ‘Native Map’ brings support for the whole planet.
In order to use ‘Native Map’ plugin you need to have an API key. This API key is the same key you can use for Speeding Expression.
About OSM (OpenStreetMap)
OpenStreetMap is an open source map data service created by users all around the world.
“OpenStreetMap powers map data on thousands of websites, mobile apps, and hardware devices. OpenStreetMap is built by a community of mappers that contribute and maintain data about roads, trails, cafés, railway stations, and much more, all over the world.”
As a “mapper” you can improve the speed data for your area, read more at https://www.openstreetmap.org/about
Discuss this blog post on the forum please