Send commands and diagnose your Terminal data using Terminal Window
The Terminal Window will enable your administrators (or users with the proper rights) to have a quick access to the Terminal data and a practical way to send commands from your server to your application's devices.
Enabling the Terminal Window
To enable the Terminal Window follow these steps:
- Update/download the latest Terminal plugin
- Enable the Terminal Window privilege in your application Privileges and Roles
- Login to your application and go to Window -> Terminal Window
- Save your Workspace if you want to keep the Terminal Window open for this user
How to use the Terminal Window
IMPORTANT: To be able to send commands to your devices from the Vehicle Tracker application you’ll need to setup your SMS provider first and fill the proper device information (APN, Phone number, etc.).
In the Terminal Window you can see a list of available commands for your device.
If you have no commands available here you can see how to create template commands for your devices.
You can just send a predefined command by selecting it and clicking in the button Send. You’ll be able to see in the Terminal logs the command sent and the response from your device a few seconds afterwards if the device is properly configured to report to the server.
Using the Commands Panel you can also see a summary of the statuses of the last commands sent.
The template commands can also be sent using a mobile interface as shown here.
- Supported devices and information
- Which GPS trackers are supported and how to connect them
- GUIDE: Terminal (low level tracker control)
Discuss this blog post on the forum please