Use this report to see what sites have been visited by a vehicle.
Shows time and duration of site visits per vehicle within a selected time period. The report shows per vehicle the site arrival and departure time, time on site and the site address. Includes aggregated values such as total time on site for vehicle and fleet.
Time on Site Report
A set of POI’s (Point of Interest) or Geofences and an event rule that triggers an event when a vehicle is at a POI or Geofence location.
- Update/Install “Time On Site Report” from SiteAdmin -> Plugins. Note that you may also need to update to the latest version of the plugins “Core”, “Reporting” and “PointsOfInterest”.
- To activate the report for an application, follow this guide
- Create POI’s or Geofences. You can import POI’s in CSV or KML format. To import POI’s, see the help section when selecting “Points of Interest” in SiteAdmin -> Import. For a guide on importing from KML, see this video tutorial
The Time on Site report requires setting up at least one event rule for POI’s or Geofences. You need to create separate event rules for POI’s and Geofences and it is recommended to create one event rule per POI Category and Geofence Tag.
Create a POI or Geofence event rule
- Log in to the VehicleTracker application with a user that can edit event rules
- Add a new event rule
- In the event rule wizard step “1. Rule name and description”, give the event rule a suitable name. The name shows up in the Time on Site reports and should describe the included location category. For example, if the event rule should trigger on locations of category “Warehouse”, you can name the event rule “Warehouse”.
- In the event rule wizard step “4. Expressions”, add a “Points of Interest” or “Geofence” expression depending on your location type.
For “Points of Interest”: Select the POI category the rule should trigger on.
For “Geofence”: Select the Geofence Tag the rule should trigger on.
You can optionally select the event to be a “Delayed event”, requiring that a vehicle is at the location for a specified amount of minutes before triggering the event.
- In the event rule wizard step “5. Notifications”, add a “Report Argument” notifier.
For “Points of Interest”: Give it a name and set the Value to [POI_ID]
For “Geofence”: Give it a name and set the Value to [GEOFENCE_ID]
Click OK, and Next.
- In step “6. Presentation”, uncheck the “Show in map view” check-box if you do not want the event rule to create alerts on the map.
- Save the event rule.
Create a Time on Site report
- Log in to the VehicleTracker application with a user that can edit reports
- Click on “Reports / Manage Reports” and open the Time on Site Report you want to setup
- Select the Event Rules and matching LocationType for the report (you can not mix POI and Geofence)
- Save the report