Use GpsGate Splitter to send your position to your own GpsGate Server installation.
Note! GpsGate Splitter was formerly known as GpsGate Client
Before you can follow the guide below you first have to install and setup your GpsGate Server. You also have to create a VehicleTracker or BuddyTracker application with a minimum of one user. GpsGate Server documentation.
Set up GpsGate Client Output
1. Make sure you have the latest version of GpsGate Client installed. If not download here.
2. Start GpsGate Client and open the Output tab of the settings dialog. If the wizard appears when you start GpsGate, you can reach the settings dialog by clicking the “Advanced setup”. Otherwise, you can reach the settings dialog by clicking on the GpsGate tray icon and then clicking “Settings”.
3. To enable the GpsGate Client to send your position to your GpsGate Server, you need to add the “GpsGate.com (send)” output in GpsGate Client. Select it in the drow down and click “Add”.
4. Select “Connect to custom GpsGate Server” and click on “More options”.
5. Type in your own server address or IP number (myserver.com).
6. Click “Ok” to save your settings.
7. Go to the next step by clicking the “Next” -button.
8. type in Username and Password (same username and password that you gave your user in your Server application. Note that vehicles uses User-Id as username). To try your connection click on “Test”.
9. Click “Finish”.
Using the Online control
Use the Onlive control for easy control of how you send your position to GpsGate.com / Server. Access this dialog by selecting “Online” in the Tray menu.
On / Off When Off no positions will be sent or buffered
Live Tracking / Offline Tracking When in “live” mode GpsGate will try to send data to server. When in “Offline” mode, GpsGate will buffer track to be sent to server when you enter “Live” mode again.