Getting started with your own GpsGate Server installation
In this guide, you can find the necessary steps to have your tracking server running starting from scratch. The guide covers requirements, installation steps and how to create your first application. If you are using a GpsGate hosted server skip to Installation steps step 4.
GpsGate Server Requirements
- A static IP address assigned to your computer or server.
- A compatible device. You can search for a suitable device according to your needs (ex. “Satellite” to find a compatible GPS that supports satellite connectivity).
- GpsGate Server can be installed in any version of Microsoft Windows that supports x64 architecture. We strongly recommend you to install it only in currently supported versions of Windows.
- For larger installations (100 vehicles or more) we recommend to use Windows Server 2008 or higher. For hardware specifications and reference you can check here.
- Java JRE x64 installed on your server.
- Make sure you have .NET 4.6 installed on your server.
- MySQL 5.5 or higher (recommended) / Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher.
- For MySQL 5.6 or 5.7 you’ll need to downgrade the MySQL ODBC Connector Driver to the 5.3.4 version. 5.3.6 not yet supported.
- The correspondent router/firewall port forwarding configurations according to your devices specifications (check Installation steps below).
You need to follow these steps in order to have GpsGate Server installed with trackers reporting to it.
- Install GpsGate Server (video).
- Install your Device Plugins (video).
- Once the installation is done, login to the Site Admin with the site admin user (the one created in the installation wizard) and go to Devices > Listeners and click on test to check the router/firewall ports are correctly configured.
- Configure your device according to your device’s documentation or contact your device’s support if you are not sure how it should be configured (GpsGate does not offer support on devices configuration. However, you can find basic setup instructions for several brands and models in this link).
- Create your first application (video).
- Create your user (video).
- If your device has been properly configured, it should start reporting to the server. In that case a yellow or green icon should be displayed in the Connection column in the Vehicle’s panel in your application.
- See the GpsGate Server basics (video) to understand the main concepts of the Vehicle Tracker interface.
- Organize your users and vehicles into Tags (video) .
- Now you can start Customizing Your Server according to your specific needs.
|No GPS or NMEA data is detected by GpsGate.|
|Valid GPS data has been detected at the selected input, but the GPS data has no fix, that is it cannot determine its position (yet).|
|A valid GPS position (fix) has been detected at the selected input.|
|Never been seen.|
- GpsGate Server manuals
- Supported Maps and Geocoders
- Configure Gmail as SMTP server
- Enable SMS providers
- Site Admin password reset
- Backup and Restore
Discuss this blog post on the forum please