How to use dispatch with your TomTom Bridge™ device
As we've recently announced, thanks to the recent partnership with TomTom and GpsGate, now is possible to integrate an all-in-one solution for tracking, navigation and dispatch. This guide explains how to use the dispatch plugin with a TomTom Bridge™ device.
To get your TomTom Bridge™ system ready for dispatch, follow these steps:
Once both the TomTom Device and the dispatch plugin are configured in GpsGate Server, you are ready to start:
- As displayed in the Dispatch plugin setup instructions, the admin of the platform sends a job or a route job to the dispatcher with a TomTom Bridge™ device
- A new job notification is received in the TomTom Bridge™ device. Tap in the notification to open the link to the job’s instructions.
- If the user has not yet logged to the GpsGate Server platform, his/her credentials will be required.
- The user needs to tap on Dispatch at the left of the screen.
- The user needs to tap on Start to get the job active.
- The user needs to tap on Route to use TomTom Bridge’s™ navigation system. The destination of the route will be automatically assigned to the job’s location assigned in GpsGate Server by the task administrator.
- Once arrived, the user will go back to the browser to update the job’s status and mark it as completed.
- As displayed in the Dispatch plugin setup instructions, the dispatcher’s status is being shown to the administrator in real time.
Discuss this blog post on the forum please
Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter if you don't want to miss out on anything.