Use GpsGate Splitter to send your position to your own GpsGate Server installation.
Note! GpsGate Splitter was formerly known as GpsGate Client
Before you can follow the guide below, you must install and set up your GpsGate Server. You also have to create a Vehicle Tracker application with a minimum of one user. GpsGate Server documentation.
Set up GpsGate Splitter Output
1. Make sure you have the latest version of GpsGate Splitter installed. If not, download it here.
2. Start GpsGate Splitter and open the Output tab of the Settings dialog. If the wizard appears when you start GpsGate Splitter, you can reach the settings dialog by clicking Advanced Setup. Otherwise, you can reach the settings dialog by clicking on the GpsGate tray icon and then clicking Settings.
3. To enable GpsGate Splitter to send your position to your GpsGate Server, you need to add the GpsGate.com (send) output in GpsGate Splitter. Select it in the dropdown and click Add.
4. Select Connect to custom GpsGate Server and click on More Optios.
5. Type in your own server address or IP number (myserver.com).
6. Click OK to save your settings.
7. Go to the next step by clicking the Next button.
8. Type in your Username and Password. This is the same username and password that you gave your user in your Server application. Vehicles use User-Ids as usernames. To try your connection, click on Test.
9. Click Finish.
Using the Online control
Use the Onlive control for easy control of how you send your position to GpsGate.com / Server. Access this dialog by selecting Online in the Tray menu.
On / Off When Off, no positions will be sent or buffered.
Live Tracking / Offline Tracking When in “live” mode, GpsGate will try to send data to the server. When in “Offline” mode, GpsGate will buffer the track to be sent to your server when you enter “Live” mode again.