Asset Protection opens up new business opportunities for GpsGate tracking partners. End users can manage their asset with the mobile application and lock it to a specific area. Alerts will be sent to the phone via push notification, SMS and/or email if the asset is moved outside the locked area.
Asset Protection can be a pre-packaged solution for tracking partners to sell to consumers who own a car, boat or any other valuable asset. The setup for the end user is simple:
Asset Protection is all about giving users control and a feeling of safety when leaving their asset at a location. Check out our video to understand how to use:
- GL300. A portable and water resistant device with internal battery. Ideal for personal tracking or assets like bycicles.
- GMT200. A water resistant GPS tracker designed for applications requiring low current drain such as motorcycles and boats.
- GL500/505. A powerful GPS tracker designed for fixed asset tracking applications. It is powered by user replaceable CR123A lithium battery pack. Ideal for assets that has no external power support. The GL505 is the same device as the GL500 with the difference that the GL505 has an internal lithium rechargeable battery.
In order to setup Asset Protection correctly in your server, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to SiteAdmin.
- Go to the Plugins tab.
- Install SensorLogic plugin.
- Install Asset Protection plugin.
- Import your devices in Devices > Asset Protection using a CSV file. You can use as reference this example.
After your .csv file is imported they will be listed in the table. A unique token has been created for each device and the QR code is the image representation of that token. The QR code is scanned by the mobile application to register the device on your GpsGate Server. So the QR code should be distributed to the end user with the matching tracking device.
- Some device types are supported out of the box. You can use the following default device instances in your csv in the devicetype column: “GL300 AP default” / “GMT200 AP default” / “GL500 AP default” depending on which Queclink supported device model you’re using.
- You can also create your own customized device type for Asset Protection following this guide: Custom device integration with Asset Protection. Use the name of the instance as the devicetype in the csv file. (Learn more about device types here).
The installation process from the user point of view can be summarized in these steps:
- Download the app from the Apple Store or the Play Store.
- Scan QR code from the instructions sent by the administrator.
- Optional: create a user login to allow accessing from multiple mobile devices.
- Optional: create one or more Contacts: people who will receive the SMS or Email notification in case the asset is out of the lock area.
Mobile App usage
Press the Scan QR Code button and scan the QR code generated in SiteAdmin. After doing this a VehicleTracker application will be created on the GpsGate Server and the device will be added to that application.
Waiting for device
This screen is shown when it is waiting for the device to send the first position update to the server.
When the first position is received it will show up on the map with additional information like temperature and battery level.
Locking the Asset
When the lock button is pressed you get a confirmation if you really want to lock the asset. When the asset is locked a geofence is placed around the asset. If the asset moves outside the area it will notify with a push notification to the app and any contacts that have been added in the mobile app. More about contacts below.
The supported devices above, have the following default configuration:
- Continous mode.
- Sends position update once per day (to save battery).
- When geofence is set (device is locked with the mobile app), motion detection is enabled.
- When device moves outside set geofence it sends position updates more frequently.
Discuss this blog post on the forum please