GpsGate Server email and SMS alerts
Getting email and SMS alerts out of GpsGate Server is a simple configuration task, check out this example!
The concept of configurable alerts is known as Event Rules in GpsGate Server, and these rules can be configured to work with any incoming data!
In this example, we will show how to configure SMS and Email alerts when a vehicle gets outside a geofence.
Email notification setup
- Login with the proper user into your Application and select Admin > Event Rules
- Click on Add new Event Rule
- Configure your rule according to the type of alert you want to create. You can also watch this video to know more about how to create an Event Rule. In this example we will create an alert when the vehicle leaves a Geofence. To know more about Geofences, watch this video.
- On 5.Notifications we will select Email as a notification type.
- We will select one of our Tags as a receipient of this email. Remember to include one or more user/s with a valid email address into this tag. If you want to know more about tags watch this video.
- Now is turn to customize the Subject of the email. You can do so by clicking in the combo boxes and selecting the variables
- In the same way as the previous step, you can customize the Subject of the email by adding your own text and variables.
SMS notification setup
You can either add another notification in the same rule or in a new one. In this example we will continue with the same rule.
- Select “+” and add SMS as a new notification type.
- In the same way we configure the Subject and the Message of the Email address in steps above, we can configure the SMS notification message and variables.
- Click Next until you reach the end.
- Click on Save to end the rule creation.
In this example, when the vehicle got out of the geofence
a notification via SMS and e-mail has been sent to the receipient of the message (the operator with a valid phone number and e-mail address).
Discuss this blog post on the forum please