December 2020 release
Happy holidays! You get all of this month's release goodies a few days early in recognition of the holidays. The Fleet app now supports Geofences to help you run your business from the field. We've also added new user-based reports. Read the release highlights.
- Added the geofence feature.
- Added ArcGIS map support.
Added user-based reports for trip & idle and event rules:
- TR1000-U Trip & Idle detailed
- TR1001-U Trip & Idle daily
- EV1000-U Event rule
- EV1001-U Event rule total
- Added MT1002: maintenance service status per vehicle.
- Added the option to enable Token-based Mitigation Authentication to prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery attacks. This can be enabled in SiteAdmin -> Security -> Use Token Based Mitigation Authentication.
- Updated the FleetApp English lang file in preparation for the upcoming Fleet v1.6.X release.
- Significant Francais update with 1700 new language keys.
- Introduced geofences as microservice and all the accompanying changes to integrate it into the solution (see the new Fleet app geofences feature).
- Security improved.
- Optimizations to Updates.v5, Terminal, Reporting, CargoMove Data Forward, Road Works, SpeedingExpression via build 4985.
- Added a plugin/platform prerequisites framework.
- More cleanup of old Driver Journal resources.
- Adapted pagination query in the snapshot to be compatible with Sql Server 2008.
- Removed and replaced links to the deprecated forum in Site Admin and Vehicle Tracker applications.
- Security improved. Upgrade recommended. The following response headers for service calls have been added: X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff ; X-Frame-Options: sameorigin
- Improved security.
- Updated app icon.
- Fix geofence service init migration.
- Hide the "New geofence" button when the user doesn't have edit privileges.
- Show warning when trying to edit a geofence without the required privileges.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent geofences from being drawn on the map.
- Improved error handling when geofence KML import fails.
- Geofence service - fixed migration of custom ids.
- Fixed an issue with the trip calendar on iOS.
- Fixed an issue with images on iOS 14.
- Fixed issues with content rendered outside the view on newer phones.
- Fixed issues with the keyboard on iOS.
Errors & Permissions
- Fixed an issue that caused localization keys with an empty value to display the key instead (e.g. UNIT_SYMBOL_NONE)
- Display actual error message when saving a system message fails.
- Increase retry count for migrations and display message of failure instead of crashing service.
- Fixed an issue with the two-factor authentication manager window in Vehicle Tracker being hidden for non-Site Admin users.
- Made UPD connection pooling predictable during high loads.
- Fix case where branding could disappear after upgrade.
- Fixed issue with status indicators' upper limit including removed icon sets.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused endless loading of a (Vehicle Tracker) application after logging in.
Cannot upgrade without first uninstalling the following deprecated plugins:
- Ayna Maps
See the deprecation schedule here.