January's maintenance release includes a lot of backend improvements and fixes. We've also updated the Arabic language to a professionally translated version. Read about the release highlights.
- Professional Arabic translation.
- Added translations to reporting.
- Added Espanol keys to user-based reports.
- Added POI ID to Dispatch API model.
- Added option to upload metadata file (Saml)
- Added support for Individual Registration request (WASL data forward).
- Added a loading animation when waiting for the login page to load and also when logging in to an application.
Maps and geocoding
- Native Maps performance improvements.
- Improved handling of empty results from geocoding service.
- Better road search when using SpeedingExpression.
- Updated speeding expression to do an exhaustive search when looking for the closest road.
- Uses longest cleanup time for track data for shared devices.
- Always keep the last accumulator value when cleaning up accumulator data.
- Tuning “City Drive” Track Filter. Fewer small trips in the same spot.
- Registered mobile app activity.
- Improved Application Template imports containing script apps.
- Fixed Geofence privileges when creating/editing geofences.
- Fixed migration for invalid geofences.
- Fixed updating Geofence Groups from scripts.
- Geofence service - fixed expired license issue and other issues.
- Fixed geofence startup problems when using MSSQL.
- Fixed an issue that displayed the top menu in VehicleTracker before the custom branding color was applied.
- POI map layer visibility state is correctly saved in the workspace.
- Fixed issue with not being able to select the day of the month at year's end in report scheduling.
- Fixed issue with note categories not being removed visually from the UI when deleted.
- Fixed issue with driverId triggering a change causing a privilege error when being restricted by an access mask.
- Fixed memory leak when devices are blocked by either missing _DeviceLogin privilege or by AccessFilter.
- Fixed XML errors in Danish language files.
- Fixed issue with upgrading when running MySQL 8.0.x on Linux systems.
- Fixed MSSQL upgrade scripts (Saml, WASL data forward).
Happy holidays! You get all of this month's release goodies a few days early in recognition of the holidays. The Fleet app now supports Geofences to help you run your business from the field. We've also added new user-based reports. Read the release highlights.
- Added the geofence feature.
- Added ArcGIS map support.
Added user-based reports for trip & idle and event rules:
- TR1000-U Trip & Idle detailed
- TR1001-U Trip & Idle daily
- EV1000-U Event rule
- EV1001-U Event rule total
- Added MT1002: maintenance service status per vehicle.
- Added the option to enable Token-based Mitigation Authentication to prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery attacks. This can be enabled in SiteAdmin -> Security -> Use Token Based Mitigation Authentication.
- Updated the FleetApp English lang file in preparation for the upcoming Fleet v1.6.X release.
- Significant Francais update with 1700 new language keys.
- Introduced geofences as microservice and all the accompanying changes to integrate it into the solution (see the new Fleet app geofences feature).
- Optimizations to Updates.v5, Terminal, Reporting, CargoMove Data Forward, Road Works, SpeedingExpression via build 4985.
- Added a plugin/platform prerequisites framework.
- More cleanup of old Driver Journal resources.
- Adapted pagination query in the snapshot to be compatible with Sql Server 2008.
- Removed and replaced links to the deprecated forum in Site Admin and Vehicle Tracker applications.
- Security improved. Upgrade recommended. The following response headers for service calls have been added: X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff ; X-Frame-Options: sameorigin
- Improved security.
- Updated app icon.
- Fix geofence service init migration.
- Hide the "New geofence" button when the user doesn't have edit privileges.
- Show warning when trying to edit a geofence without the required privileges.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent geofences from being drawn on the map.
- Improved error handling when geofence KML import fails.
- Geofence service - fixed migration of custom ids.
- Fixed an issue with the trip calendar on iOS.
- Fixed an issue with images on iOS 14.
- Fixed issues with content rendered outside the view on newer phones.
- Fixed issues with the keyboard on iOS.
Errors & Permissions
- Fixed an issue that caused localization keys with an empty value to display the key instead (e.g. UNIT_SYMBOL_NONE)
- Display actual error message when saving a system message fails.
- Increase retry count for migrations and display message of failure instead of crashing service.
- Fixed an issue with the two-factor authentication manager window in Vehicle Tracker being hidden for non-Site Admin users.
- Made UPD connection pooling predictable during high loads.
- Fix case where branding could disappear after upgrade.
- Fixed issue with status indicators' upper limit including removed icon sets.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused endless loading of a (Vehicle Tracker) application after logging in.
Cannot upgrade without first uninstalling the following deprecated plugins:
- Ayna Maps
See the deprecation schedule here.
Three existing UI languages are now updated and fully vetted: Chinese, Spanish, and German. Read more about language flexibility in GpsGate - 20+ languages and the ability to select language on a per server, per application, or per user basis.
- Added Chinese (simplified) language.
- New and fresh German translation.
- Updated Spanish language.
- Global search can now also find custom fields.
- Reverse geocoding improvements (Kuwait).
- Reverse geocoding improvements (USA).
- Guard against installing multiple same geocoders (Geofence, GpsGate, and Geofence + GpsGate).
- Increase width of email and SMS recipient dropdown popup in Event Rule window.
- Alphabetically sort geofence tags shown in event expression dropdown.
- The columns in Event Panel table can be resized.
- Added a button for copying the IMEI to clipboard.
- Added option to redistribute column sizes evenly on resizable tables.
- Filter user settings send to the UI.
- Implemented Shared Batch for MSSQL.
- Moved all logic around VT application access from IIS to the GpsGate service.
- Faster loading on application.
- Faster role management in VT.
- Update Site Admin to use the new website's news release feed.
- Update to new GpsGate logo in Site Admin and browser part of GpsGate Server installer wizard.
- Deleting simulator stops Getting Started to show Tooltips.
- Simulator is now selected as active once added from Getting Started.
- Simulator created from Getting Started now uses default tags for Device.
- Simplified creation of simulator from User Form:
- A unique username will be generated by default.
- Removed firewall-check for simulators.
- Fix issue were using a locale that doesn't use the Gregorian calendar would cause the simulator to get stuck in pending mode.
Developer / REST
- Fuel Consumption REST API - endpoints for custom fields.
- REST: Trips and Idle reports are now sorted in time order for the Trips resource.
- REST: A resource for getting an accumulator value at a specific time.
- Remember 2FA for 30 days did not always work.
- Fixed issue where the Getting Started window would show "Cannot set property 'deviceDefinitionID' of undefined"-error when creating Simulator.
- Fixed an issue where logins with Active Directory and SAML could end up on an empty login screen.
- It is now possible to remove the selected device hardware and IMEI when editing a User.
- Track points Export button visibility now respects the _UseTrackExport privilege.
- Fix rare case where a server under high load could stop processing some of the incoming device data.
- Fixed issue where Device Type would be set to visible by default when opening a non-changed User Type (E.g "Device") in User Type Editor. If user then saved the User Type, Device 1, 2 and 3 would be visible in User Form.
- Fix issue with not saving correct marker icon visibility in user access mask editor.
- Fixed an issue causing mobile devices to end up in an infinite reload of the login page.
- GpsGate listener - Do not attempt to process a command on a disposed connection.
- Dispatch: use delimiter set for the application when exporting dispatch jobs.
- Remove POI custom field values on location removed, category removed.
- Clean up orphans on POI upgrade.
- Validate Driver Event Rules configuration when saved.
- Check length when writing event state (to any db type), ensuring that the throw is in the round trip, failing a Script Expression as expected.
- Fix crash column not showing any icons after adding it to the vehicle table as a column.
- RabbitMQ: made routing key templatable again.
- Fixed RabbitMQ to resolving variables containing functions (such as START, END, FINAL) during notification.
- Removed old AppGateway (old custom login pages are no longer supported).
- Removed deprecated Links framework.
- Asset protection deprecated. Updates not possible before AssetProtection is uninstalled.
- Removed EC1000 and EC1001.
- Removed _UseSingleLogin privilege and functionality. A seamless experience between devices renders it unnecessary.
See the deprecation schedule here.
Two-factor authentication is now available!
- Two-factor authentication can be enabled on the server. Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of protection to your account by requiring you to enter a one-time passcode when accessing your account. To use 2FA, you need to download and install an authentication app on your smartphone or tablet.
- GpsGateServer/SiteAdmin/Index.aspx now redirects to the main login page if the user is not logged in. Redirects to SiteAdmin if user is logged in.
- GpsGateServer/Login.aspx page is now deprecated and redirects to the main login page.
- The columns in Event Panel table can be reordered.
- Fixed closing events after they have been cleaned up.
- Fixed caching issue when switching between old and new scripting engine.
- List required Custom fields before not required Custom Fields in User Edit window.
- Fix issue with templates sharing custom fields settings when creating a new through copying it.
- Service logs HTTP bindings at startup
- Fleet App module can now be selected when adding new keys in the localization editor.
- Fix next and prev month buttons in the calendar after changing sorting to years.
- Add Select button to date pickers.
- Fix issue where the event panels selected date would reset when reopening the date picker.
- Various upgrades that stopped running on install since .3303 should run again (GC, MIME, JintVersion, NLog targets)
- Fixed issue where Event panel become blank when in window mode.
- Performance boost while mirroring roles between IIS and the GpsGate Service.
- When creating a new device, Username and Display name is now populated with autogenerated suggestions.
- Improved performance for track related operations.
- Reduce the loading time of the login page.
- The drawn simulated track will now handle turns and follow the road better.
- When starting a new route, the simulator's initial position will be sent instantly.
Getting devices online fast
- Added a new 'device online' workflow to the User form in the application. You can now download new device plugins, detect unregistered devices sending data to the server, and add multiple devices at once.
- Add Username variable to template commands
- Improved logic when initiating the simulator panel. The panel will never get added to a column that is collapsed.
- Not filling up ErrorLog when an empty address is returned
- Setup default mappers on app creation or device definition install/upgrade instead of on-demand
- Remove duplicate device mappers
- Added application name to spam blocker message
- Add total keys, translated keys and % translated keys stats to localization editor
- Fixed disappearing privileges for AccessFilter
- Fixed issue with disappearing _Me tag
- Fixed fetching track related data using SOAP
- Fixed GateMessage error parse infinity speed
A new reporting experience! It's optimized for usability and system performance.
- Can set priority on Geofence groups (determining the color of the Geofence)
- Geofence changes immediately pushed to clients
- geofences.getUsers(...), .getGroups(...), .updateGroup(...) available in Notifier Click Scripts
- Added a "Install Plugin"-button for more control of when Plugins are installed
- Improved Firewall check
- Fixed issue where the Getting Started window would re-appear when switching maps
- Fixed issue where the Getting Started window would show an error if user has just installed a new plugin
- Added _EditIconSets privilege to control the visibility of "Icon Sets" feature in the Admin menu in VehicleTracker
- Renamed privilege section "IconLibrary" to "Icons" and put icon related privileges here
- Privilege is enabled for every role that have access to the "Admin" menu today
- Change default Track Filter to City Drive
- Fix rare case when tracks are not recorded for a full day
- Make default track filter less aggressive. TimeFilter set to 10 seconds by default.
- Performance improvement when opening Applications with many privileges in "Search and Manage" and "Batch Edit" in SiteAdmin
- Performance improvement when opening "Roles" in VehicleTracker
- Hide tags that the user does not have _ReadData access to in the user form
- Check available columns and add the Simulated Device State panel to the first available and preferred column
- Fixed IE11 startup issue
- Fix issue causing excessive logging in JS log
- Deploy - Fixed "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: inner" exception
- Fixed geofence CSV import
- Event Rule Wizard - Fixed loading a command notifier for which a device has been deleted
- Fixed slow saving of event rules on server with a large number of applications
- Fixed Variable Notifier when source value is an empty string