Tracks get more interactive with February's release! Track replay lets you replay historical incidents on the map at the speed you choose. We've also made it easier to hover over a track and find individual track points and their details. Security minded? We've added new strong password options at the server level.
Check below for the full notes or read the February blog for an overview.
- Add track replay to Tracks.
- Hover over a track on the map to show the closest track point.
- Support custom fields in vehicle status templates.
- Add option to the panel menu to clear selection when closing.
- Settings and variables can be saved to workspace.
Added password criteria that can be toggled on/off for the server in Server Administration -> Settings -> Security. These criteria will replace the "Strong Password" setting that was previously found on applications. This includes:
- Minimum password length 8 characters (mandatory for new passwords)
- Require lowercase (optional, enabled by default)
- Require uppercase (optional, enabled by default)
- Require number (optional, enabled by default)
- Require special character (optional, enabled by default)
We also updated device plugins and added more supported devices. To see the updates, search for your device on our supported devices page. All individual device pages show the releases for the device manufacturer.
The following languages have been updated over the past month: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Improve performance in the tracks panel when drawing larger tracks.
- Support adding vehicles not in view to Tracks, Daily Summary, and Chart.
- Move map track point drawing code to its own service. Reduces the loading time when opening a track point tooltip.
- Clicking on a track point in the Tracks panel will update trackPoint object in the Script Editor.
- Double clicking a window header now toggles maximized and normal mode (as Microsoft Windows & macOS).
- Set consistent size for all icons in the Vehicle List and both Notifier Icons.
- Change icon used by the Panel Menu to FA5 bars.
- Use SVG icons: add regular weight for minus and plus FA5 icons.
- Unify behavior and styling for Panel Menu Button and the rest of the window control buttons. Use same structure in both DOM and CSS.
- Set window bar height to 32px to match pixel grid used in the rest of the UI.
- Convert window bar layout to flexbox for easier and robust alignment.
- Update layout and responsive behavior of the Toolbar component to simplify layout and future development.
- Create variables for semi-transparent greytones #6798.
- Legacy Tracks: localize hover text on export and drawing options arrow down button.
Developer & System Administration
- Add more server Cleanup interval options to the UI in Server Administration -> Settings -> Cleanup.
- Improved logging for HttpExpression failures.
- Make batch update accumulators work with units specified in the application settings e.g. if before accumulator values showed in meters, they should now be in kilometers or miles (depending on the application settings).
- Fix Dashboard and Dispatch not displaying items in Edit windows.
- Fix a bug that causes Dashboard panel and Dispatch Add Job window to crash.
- Fix: If using a white theme color, the window's close and maximize buttons could become invisible... not any more!
- Fixes to POI panel layout which was causing content overflow in narrow column widths.
Driver's Journal (Deprecated)
- Cleanup scheduled tasks for deprecated Drivers Journal plugin.
Developer & System Administration
- Fix WFS Geocoder compatibility.
- Fix a rare case of failing to load the license page in server administration settings.
- Events exporting: fix the case when a date part of an export file name might be different from a selected start date.
- Events exporting: fix the case when exported events might be different form those are displayed on UI.
- Remove strong password setting from Basic one template.
- Remove some forgotten old Strong Password usage.
- Batch update users: Improve the UI with an example telling what units are expected. Fix an error message displaying. Make errors show correct info.
- Add missing Listener URL form field for Twilio SMS provider.
- Fix sending a test SMS for a case when an SMS provider has application tags selected.
Chat is deprecated with February's release.
SOAP for reporting is now removed. REST API should be used.
Tracks (Legacy) was deprecated with the August release. Upon page load, the (newer) Tracks is always displayed.
As of August 17, 2021, GpsGate removed support for Internet Explorer 11. IE11 users will receive a warning in their browser. If you haven't updated your browser, we recommend it.
See the current deprecation schedule in our support portal.