The Daily Summary gets some great new features with this release. We've added bounding boxes on the map: as you scroll over a vehicle, you see a box on the map enclosing its tracks for your selected time. For larger fleets, this lets you quickly view general track locations without loading lots of data - it's snappy and fast. You can also add a route geofence directly from the Daily Summary. Vehicle Status and Charts received some new additions for a great user experience.
Check below for the full notes or read the blog for an overview.
- Display bounding boxes on the map for the Daily Summary.
- Add an option to create a route geofence in the Daily Summary.
- Add a tooltip that shows when data was received and last changed.
- The vehicle context menu is now also available by right-clicking the panel header.
- Charts will now has tooltips showing the selected track points on the map.
- Add toggle to hide interpolated data when an asset has been offline (select Hide offline data menu option).
We also updated device plugins and added more supported devices. To see the updates, search for your device on our supported devices page. All individual device pages show the releases for the device manufacturer.
The following languages have been updated over the past month: Chinese, Hindi.
- Enable localization on variable names in track point tooltips on the map.
- Added new keys for Daily Summary panel and track filters plus a few missing keys.
- Update UI for the widget rows with highlighting.
- Update default icons for action buttons.
- Update the chip component for better "responsive" behavior, like great resizing.
- Update the header background color for the Device Simulator panel- it now matches the rest of the UI.
- Update the Tooltip component so that animations follow the direction the tooltip is pointing.
- Fix exporting issue that in some cases exported the wrong time span.
- Avoid triggering actions when dismissing the Daily Summary map context menu.
- Fix issue with the tracks vehicle context menu not setting predefined date intervals in the correct time zone.
- Fix highlight (background color) on the selected item in the vehicle list.
Developer & System Administration
- Fix an issue that prevented server cleanup settings to be saved if the previous value was Keep forever.
SOAP for reporting is now removed. REST API should be used.
Tracks (Legacy) was deprecated with the August release. Upon page load, the (newer) Tracks is always displayed.
As of August 17, 2021, GpsGate removed support for Internet Explorer 11. IE11 users will receive a warning in their browser. If you haven't updated your browser, we recommend it.
See the current deprecation schedule in our support portal.