November 2020 release
Three existing UI languages are now updated and fully vetted: Chinese, Spanish, and German. Read more about language flexibility in GpsGate - 20+ languages and the ability to select language on a per server, per application, or per user basis.
- Added Chinese (simplified) language.
- New and fresh German translation.
- Updated Spanish language.
- Global search can now also find custom fields.
- Reverse geocoding improvements (Kuwait).
- Reverse geocoding improvements (USA).
- Guard against installing multiple same geocoders (Geofence, GpsGate, and Geofence + GpsGate).
- Increase width of email and SMS recipient dropdown popup in Event Rule window.
- Alphabetically sort geofence tags shown in event expression dropdown.
- The columns in Event Panel table can be resized.
- Added a button for copying the IMEI to clipboard.
- Added option to redistribute column sizes evenly on resizable tables.
- Filter user settings send to the UI.
- Implemented Shared Batch for MSSQL.
- Moved all logic around VT application access from IIS to the GpsGate service.
- Faster loading on application.
- Faster role management in VT.
- Update Site Admin to use the new website's news release feed.
- Update to new GpsGate logo in Site Admin and browser part of GpsGate Server installer wizard.
- Deleting simulator stops Getting Started to show Tooltips.
- Simulator is now selected as active once added from Getting Started.
- Simulator created from Getting Started now uses default tags for Device.
- Simplified creation of simulator from User Form:
- A unique username will be generated by default.
- Removed firewall-check for simulators.
- Fix issue were using a locale that doesn't use the Gregorian calendar would cause the simulator to get stuck in pending mode.
Developer / REST
- Fuel Consumption REST API - endpoints for custom fields.
- REST: Trips and Idle reports are now sorted in time order for the Trips resource.
- REST: A resource for getting an accumulator value at a specific time.
- Remember 2FA for 30 days did not always work.
- Fixed issue where the Getting Started window would show "Cannot set property 'deviceDefinitionID' of undefined"-error when creating Simulator.
- Fixed an issue where logins with Active Directory and SAML could end up on an empty login screen.
- It is now possible to remove the selected device hardware and IMEI when editing a User.
- Track points Export button visibility now respects the _UseTrackExport privilege.
- Fix rare case where a server under high load could stop processing some of the incoming device data.
- Fixed issue where Device Type would be set to visible by default when opening a non-changed User Type (E.g "Device") in User Type Editor. If user then saved the User Type, Device 1, 2 and 3 would be visible in User Form.
- Fix issue with not saving correct marker icon visibility in user access mask editor.
- Fixed an issue causing mobile devices to end up in an infinite reload of the login page.
- GpsGate listener - Do not attempt to process a command on a disposed connection.
- Dispatch: use delimiter set for the application when exporting dispatch jobs.
- Remove POI custom field values on location removed, category removed.
- Clean up orphans on POI upgrade.
- Validate Driver Event Rules configuration when saved.
- Check length when writing event state (to any db type), ensuring that the throw is in the round trip, failing a Script Expression as expected.
- Fix crash column not showing any icons after adding it to the vehicle table as a column.
- RabbitMQ: made routing key templatable again.
- Fixed RabbitMQ to resolving variables containing functions (such as START, END, FINAL) during notification.
- Removed old AppGateway (old custom login pages are no longer supported).
- Removed deprecated Links framework.
- Asset protection deprecated. Updates not possible before AssetProtection is uninstalled.
- Removed EC1000 and EC1001.
- Removed _UseSingleLogin privilege and functionality. A seamless experience between devices renders it unnecessary.
See the deprecation schedule here.