Connecting devices to GpsGate Server
Getting devices online on GpsGate Server.
This guide explains how to connect devices to GpsGate Server for the first time.
How to get online:
- 1 - Configure the device to send data to your GpsGate Server Public IP Address (found on SiteAdmin/Devices) and the port for the device you are using.
- 2 - Make sure that the device is configured correctly. Read the Trouble shooting guide and run the connectivity tests. If you get any trouble while connecting a device to GspGate Server review the Trouble shooting guide again.
- 3 - Turn on the device and put it under clear sky
- 4 - Login to Site Admin
- 5 - Click on “Devices” tab in Site Admin
- 6 - If the device is sending data you will see “1 unknown device”
- 7 - Click on “1 uknown device” button
- 8 - Enter the information needed to assign the device to a new user and select the application the user will be added to.
- 9 - Login to the applicaiton and you will see the device on line
Discuss this blog post on the forum please