The Dispatch plugin has been updated with new functionality, better workflow and performance. It supports the Garmin fleet 660/670 Android devices and other Garmin FMI enabled PNDs in combination with Atrack, Queclink, Systech and Teltonika tracking devices.
- Login to SiteAdmin and go to the Plugins tab
- Set the Repository URL to http://update.gpsgate.com
- Select the Get More Plugins tab and install the Dispatch plugin
Install note 1: Make sure that you have the latest version of the plugins for Garmin and your tracking device.
Activate Dispatch in your application
- Go to SiteAdmin / Applications and click on the application in the Application list
- Scroll down to Privileges and Roles and check all the boxes under Plugins / Dispatch
- Save you application settings at the bottom of the page
Setup a workspace with the Dispatch window in your application
- Login to your VehicleTracker application as an Administrator
- Open the Dispatch panel from the Windows menu above the map
- Long-click the Dispatch panel header and move the panel to a suitable location
- Save the Workspace, for example as “Dispatch”
Dispatch usage and workflow
You can create a new Job in several ways:
- In the Dispatch panel, click the Create Job button
- In the Job List for a worker, click the Create Job button
- On the Map, right-click on the location and select Create new Job (here)
All these options bring up the Create Job window where you can add and edit the details for the Job. Depending on the option selected above some of the fields are pre-populated.
Scheduled field is used to set a date for a Job. Jobs with a scheduled date only show up on that date. Jobs without a scheduled date show up every day.
Notes field contains information about the job. This information is sent out to workers when a job is dispatched
Location shows the location for the job. You can type an address in the field or pick the location directly from the map with the ”Pick Job Location” context menu.
Add worker field lets you pick a worker for unassigned jobs and for assigned jobs it shows the worker.
The Dispatch window
The Dispatch window shows an overview of all jobs for the selected date. Here you can see todays progress, look at your job history and plan future jobs.
Today button moves you to today to show the status of current jobs. The button is green when you are looking at today.
Calendar moves you forwards and backwards to look at job history and plan future jobs.
Create Job lets you create jobs, that is described in a section below.
Unassigned queue shows all unassigned jobs that either have no scheduled date, an older scheduled date or the date you are viewing. Jobs scheduled for a future date are only visible at that date
All queue shows jobs for all workers. For older dates, only completed jobs are shown. Today shows the current status of all jobs still remaining. Future dates show jobs with a matching scheduled date or no date.
Worker queues show jobs for a single worker, use this to check progress and plan a workers day. Depending on the date different jobs are shown as explained for the All queue above.
Right-click on a queue to open the Job List window for detailed queue information. You can right-click a Job to edit it or to pan the map to the job location.
The worker job lists show a Pick List with unassigned jobs. You can right-click jobs and select Pick to add them to the selected worker. You can re-order the jobs for a worker to facilitate planning and dispatching.
User Tip: You can right-click the Job List header and convert it to a Panel if you prefer to give it a fixed location in the user interface.
A job can be in the following states depending on automatic device actions or manual actions from an operator. The states are color coded for quick reference.
Unassigned (white): The job that has no worker. Jobs that have a future date are shown on that date only
Planned (light grey): The job that has a worker, but it has not yet been handled. Jobs that have a future date are shown on that date only
Dispatched (yellow): A job that has been dispatched to a worker. These jobs show up on the workers Garmin device
Active (green): A job that is in progress. Jobs get to this stage when a worker selects them on the Garmin device
Completed (dark grey): A job well done. The final stage for a job, this state is entered when a worker or an operator marks a job as completed
Job planning example
A common scenario is to plan jobs for a worker ahead of time and to dispatch them in the future. Planning ahead gives you the opportunity to order the jobs in an optimal way, without sending them out to a worker. When the day comes to perform the planned jobs, simply dispatch them all with a single click or dispatch them individually in any order.
Follow these steps In VehicleTracker to plan jobs for the future:
- Use the calendar control to go to the date when the jobs should be done.
- In the Dispatch panel right click a worker job list and click Open to open up the job list.
- In the opened Job List window (or panel, if you rather prefer showing it as such in your workspace) click Create Job. This should open a new form that lets you type in a descriptive note for the job and pick a location from the map. The worker and scheduled date will already be filled in for you.
- In the job for, click Save. The job has now been added to the worker job list.
- In the same way, create all the jobs for that day.
- When you have all the jobs you need, you can order them as you like by clicking the Up and Down arrows in the list.
- If you have any previously saved unassigned jobs, you can include them here by right-clicking the job in the Pick List and select Pick.
- Click Save to save all the jobs in the order shown.
- The jobs in the list will show a button Dispatch, which if clicked will send the job to the worker. You can do this immediately or later, which ever you prefer.
Note: Jobs that are dispatched to a worker before the planned date will still only be shown on the planned date until they are started (In the ”Today” view you will not see dispatched jobs that are planned for a future date. However if a user starts a dispatched job before the planned date it will of course show up as active in the ”Today” view)
Discuss this blog post on the forum please