How to enable ESRI/ArcGIS maps in GpsGate Server VehicleTracker
This guide describes how to enable use of ESRI/ArcGIS maps in GpsGate Server VehicleTracker.
- Log in to SiteAdmin.
- Go to the Plugins tab.
- Under My Plugins tab, make sure all plugins are up to date
- Install ArcGISMap
- Go to SiteAdmin / Maps / ArcGIS
- Click “New”
- Specify the. Name, URL, and Description fields
- Click “Save”
Name: The name you use to reference when enabling the map in the VehicleTracker applications.
URL: Link to the ESRI/ArcGIS server and map you want to use. (Please make sure it is correct and responding by opening it in your browser first).
Description: An optional description note, mostly for your convenience.
When you have created a map, or several maps, your must now enable the maps for the VehicleTracker applications you will use.
- Go to SiteAdmin / Applications / [your app] / Privileges and Features / Maps
- Enable _UseMapPlugin / ArcGISMap
- Enable the _UseArcGISMap privilege
- From the _UseArcGISMap folder enable the individual ArcGIS map(s) you need!
- Click “Save”
Some default maps available from ArcGIS
Here are some exising maps available from ArcGIS you can try out.
- Steets: https://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer
- Satellite: https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer
- Topo: https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer
- Delorme: https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Specialty/DeLorme_World_Base_Map/MapServer
- Oceans: https://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Ocean/World_Ocean_Base/MapServer
- National Geographic: https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/NatGeo_World_Map/MapServer/
- Terrain: https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Terrain_Base/MapServer
- Gray: https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Canvas/World_Light_Gray_Base/MapServer
(Adding no maps will make the plugin fallback to a default OpenStreetMap layer)
How to enable CORS
General information about CORS can be found here here: http://enable-cors.org/
Please note that this plugin is still Beta. Try it out and give feedback!
Discuss this blog post on the forum please